I finally learned how to use the macro function on my camera, and spent an hour wandering around arranging vegetables and picking up leaves in my cousin’s garden. Check it out:
I get Family Fun magazine by Disney, and we tried a recipe for a Pesto Veggie Tart that came out awesome! Of course I had to edit, here’s how we did it:
- 1 pizza dough
- 4 oz goat cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- olive oil
- 1 medium-large zucchini cut into 1/2 thick rounds, then in half
- 2-3 small yellow squash- cut same way
- 3 tbsp pesto
- corn kernals from 2 fresh corn on the cob
- 20 or so grape tomatoes
- Same way we make a pizza, but I used the whole dough. Preheat oven with a pizza stone to 450 degrees. Roll dough out on a floured board, leaving outside edge around a little thicker. Sprinkle corn meal on the wooden pizza peel, and place dough on it.
- Cut the zucchini and yellow squash into rounds and then in half. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the zucchini, yellow squash, and corn and season with salt and pepper. Cook the vegetables until they’re lightly browned, about 5-10 minutes. Transfer them to a bowl to cool, then toss them with the pesto.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the goat cheese or cream cheese and the egg until almost smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Use a spatula or the back of a spoon to spread the egg and cheese mixture over the pizza crust. Spread the cooked vegetables on top, then evenly scatter the tomatoes and Parmesan over the vegetables. Bake the tart until the crust is golden brown, about 20 minutes. Let it cool slightly on a wire rack. Sprinkle it with basil before serving. Serves 8.
Buon appetito- Carlitos even liked it! Of course he worked up quite an appetite, while we played with vegetables in the garden, he defended the future of the planet from two headed dragons, frogs and bats in the pool.